Saturday, March 28, 2009

Just a Thought

Then the LORD took Abram outside and said to him, “Look up into the sky and count the stars if you can. That’s how many descendants you will have!” Genesis 15: 5


As I was driving home the other night there was a beautiful moon lighting my way. I thought about driving home as a teenager in my small town, and how I was so happy then because, well, I was a teenager - what was there to worry about?

It was still the same bright, beautiful moon up there last night that I loved back then.

You know, sometimes we think everything is changing – that everything has changed, but the same moon is up there again tonight, along with very the same stars that Abraham saw. They're all up there. And the same God that put them there and made them shine, He's still there, too.

I don't know what life has for you. I don't know what life has for me. But I know this; I know that God is good. I know that God does not lie. And I know that God has given us the gift of our lives. I can’t tell you the best way for you to honor that gift, but I can encourage you to Love one another. Forgive one another. Work as unto God. Let the peace of Christ reign in your hearts. Make it your ambition to Give. Obey. Greet one another with a holy kiss.

I think your Father will be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment